Thursday

Tonight

Hello laptop. It's been awhile since I've typed out my thoughts. It's not like I haven't tried but you've become intimidating. Every time I decide to write I see this blank white space staring back at me daring me to say something interesting. So, in an attempt to make you less intimidating I've started this paragraph. You can call it rambles, but it's my start of inspiration.


Ok now that that bologna is over and dealt with; here I am, with a deep breath, cup of tea, exhausted body, and wandering mind.


The superbowl is this Sunday and Green Bay has done it again. They've worked as a team to push their way to the big game. This isn't the first time. The Packers have won more championships than any other team in NFL history, twelve to be exact. The closest to them (my personal favs) are the Bears with nine (yay Bears!!!!).

Why the sudden football craze? Well I saw the logo and thought how crazy it was that everyone else seemed to be an animal or have some metaphoric symbol, and then there's Green Bay with their 'G'. I figured it had to stand for something besides 'Green Bay'. Well, I was right! The 'G' stands for 'Greatness' which the team is undoubtably known for.

Ok now to wrap my thoughts of life into it. Well, everyone has a destiny, and they are somewhat like our logo's. After time, some people might think you should become something because of a coincidence, location, issues, family, and the list goes on. The only thing is, all of those things can change and for most people they do. Who you are, what your dreams and goals all reside in, that doesn't change. Everyone's destiny is engraved deep in their souls from the moment they are born. There's this longing/nagging feeling we have that pulls us closer and closer to the fulfillment we seek in it.

Sometimes life pushes you in all directions like someone on a raft in a stormy ocean. You become unsure of wether or not the destiny you've been gifted with should  be your own. You begin to redesign your logo. The biggest thing we forget when life get's like that is that YOU will always live YOUR destiny even if you try and label it something else. One cant eliminate their destiny without eliminating oneself.

In the end we are all destined to have 'greatness' as our logo, the thing people know us by, but only those who embrace it and live their lives as 'great' lives get to see their destiny lived out. Kinda like the NFL... only those who embrace 'greatness' will be great.

No comments: